To Ensure product and process quality requirements are according to customer specifications. To accomplish Zero PPM External and Decreased PPM Internal.
Duties and responsibilities
- Extremely knowledgeable about the process
- Measure parts according to inspection plan, including Die-Cast
- Block parts
- Approval of blocked goods
- Perform product audits
- Work with customer complaints and problem solving
- Use CAQ system
- Operate CMM
- Scrap verification
- Draft order of measuring tools and gauges for QM / QE approval.
- Propose new improvements to avoid issues
- Find and eliminate source of defect
- Propose improvements at work flow and work stations
- Monitor of corrective actions
- Proactively create Quality Alerts
- Operator evaluation and training
- Incoming Goods verification
- Ensure measuring devices are calibrated (inspection walkway)
- Make sure of proper identification of parts. .
- Ensure deburring tools are correct
- Document and verify corrections made on equipment used in production
- Machine approval
- Comply with confidential and secrecy agreement
- Strong attention to detail is a MUST
- Has basic computer skills
- Technically-minded & highly organized
- Takes initiative and independent worker who is able to “jump in” & learn quickly
- Familiar with FMEA and Control Plans
- Strong “people” skills & interpersonal ability to talk with colleagues and customers
Qualifications and Competencies
- High School diploma
- (3) Years of Experience in Automotive quality techniques
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
This job operates in a lab, office, as well as a factory setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to odors, fumes, dust or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The temperature may be cold or hot according to the season.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and typical work hours are according to shift-Monday through Friday 6:00 am-2:00 pm, 2:00 pm-10:00 pm or 10:00 pm-6:00 am. Occasional weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
If interested, please submit a resume to Larry.DiChiara@2ausa.com or direct questions to 334-321-0843.