Job purpose and description
This position is responsible for providing engineering support during weekdays to manufacturing areas at 2aUSA. The candidate is responsible for project management and engineering support for the plant production departments and facilities. Need to have worked in a Tier 1 facility who operated high-pressure die casting, machining with automation. This position also provides technical guidance to other engineering staff, engineering and maintenance technicians, maintenance supervisors, and others as required. The Controls Engineer is tasked with providing analysis of plant manufacturing capacity, process optimization and automation, knowledge of machine design, CAD or PLC Programming, troubleshooting and project management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to provide support to the maintenance team internally to debug the problems related to control systems in high-pressure die casting and CNC machining.
- Works with manufacturing and other functional groups on manufacturing regulatory compliance issues.
- Responsible to co-ordinate and take lead on all new projects from automation, control systems.
- Performs engineering studies on new equipment to determine proper settings, control points, etc.
- Performs NCR/CAPA investigations and tasks.
- Manage and execute change control activities related to equipment
- Assist in the design, installation and start-up of new equipment and systems as required.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (internal and external) on projects relating to existing and new product lines.
- Responsible to drive new innovation projects within the plant.
- Responsible to coach and train the team for daily activities related to the Siemens HMI systems.
- Provide technical guidance to others (internal and external) as required.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
- Strong accountability and ownership.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Knowledgeable in the practice and application of Lean Manufacturing.
- Knowledgeable in the practice and execution of validation protocols.
- Technical Software Skills Preferred
- PLC: Siemens (Step 7/TIA Portal), general understanding of Safety PLC
- HMI: Siemens (WinCC/TIA)
- Communication: Understanding of TCP/IP networks, RS-232 interfaces, Profinet communication, Fieldbus and HSSB
- Electrical: Hands on troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, understanding of safety circuits, E-Plan P8, AutoCAD, ability to read /draw schematics
- Familiarity with drives (such as servo and VFD) motion control, encoders, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Robotics: ABB, Fanuc
- Debug the Maintenance problems in the machines through the PLC system (Experience with high-pressure die cast machines preferred)
- Vision Systems: Cognex, Keyence,
- Programming: C#, C++, VB, SQL Server, and more.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
This job operates in a clerical, office, as well as a factory setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to odors, fumes, dust or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Field (preferred: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering), hands on experience 1-2 years.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If interested, please submit a resume to Larry.DiChiara@2ausa.com or direct questions to 334-321-0843.