Position Description: Plans and performs required machine operations to maintain dies, fixtures, gauges, tools, jigs, machines, and equipment.
1. Build and repair all types, sizes, and shapes of jigs, fixtures, tools, and dies. Assemble and test complex tools and dies on manufacturing floor equipment.
2. The candidate should be able to read and interpret blueprints
3. Operate and set-up all tool room equipment.
4. Operate hand and small power tools.
5. Assembles jigs, fixtures, tools, and dies.
6. Set-up, and test dies to produce to product specifications.
7. Investigate die cause/effect issues and make appropriate corrections.
8. Provide and assist with set-up and modification of tools and on proper dies for production machines.
9. May work with product designers providing input to manufacturing capability on new product lines.
10. Responsible for troubleshooting, upkeep, preventive maintenance, making and continuous improvement of various tools, dies, jigs, and fixtures in an automotive stamping.
11. Committed involvement with quality, cost savings, and continuous tool, die and mechanical improvements.
12. Any other duties deemed necessary or appropriate including but not limited to die setting as required.
13. Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
14. Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances on tooling and mold spare parts.
15. Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part
16. All other duties as assigned by the tooling manager, die-cast manager, and/or plant manager.
1. Availability to swing among three shifts according to reasonable schedules as needed.
2. Obtain internal certification on each of the activities listed. (tooling, safety, forklift)
3. 5s external training
4. Safety/OSHA external training
5. Demonstrates oral communication skills
6. Successful completion of on-the-job training program.
7. Physical ability to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally.
8. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
9. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
10. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
11. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
12. The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
13. The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand
14. The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
High school diploma
Associates Degree is preferred but not required
3-5 years of manufacturing experience
Excellent organizational and communication skills
Completion of formal apprenticeship program, journeyman equivalent education or experience
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in a factory environment, with exposure to shop elements such as heat, noise, dust, fumes, and odors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $28.00 per hour